The important point to note when first time installing WordPress for the new blogger with the new domain.
1) Issue: When you are trying to install WordPress on root directory there is an error called .htaccess already exist.
You may need to remove the .htacess before installing WordPress
Login to your cPanel
- Click on File Manager
- Click on public_html
- Click on setting on the top right,
- Check on Show Hidden File
- Delete the .htacess file on the next screen, done!
2) Issue: The difference between the Main Directory vs Sub Directory
Installing WordPress on the sub-directory. If you installed without removing the “wp”, the domain URL to the website will be https://yourdomain.xxx/wp/
So, you got to erase the wp which is actually a sub-directory,
in order to make sure you installed on the main domain/root directory or public_html, your domain URL will be https://yourdomain.xxx/